AT are increasing the operating hours for bus lanes and clearways in Mt Eden. AT are also lengthening the bus stops to fit two buses and make it easier for buses to safely pull into and out of the stops. At the same time as they are making these changes, they will extend the bus lanes and modify parking restrictions in Mt Eden Village.
There are 4 parts to this project:
- Increase bus lane and clearway operating hours along Mt Eden Road.
- Change bus stop layouts in Mt Eden Village.
- Extend bus lanes along Mt Eden Road, between Plunket Road (south of Balmoral Road) and Kingsview Road.
- Change parking restrictions in Mt Eden Village.
- Improving parking availability through a higher turnover of parking spaces.
- Simplifying the restrictions in the Mt Eden Village town centre.
- Helping reduce congestion and speed up travel times by separating buses from other vehicles.
- Providing more room at bus stops to hold waiting passengers, so passengers don't block pedestrian access on the footpath.
- Helping make travelling by bus faster and more reliable.
- Offering greater flexibility in the length of stay for people with paid parking without time limits.
- Improving the streetscape by reducing the number of parking signs.
- Discouraging commuter parking.
- 22 July 2019 – construction to begin.
- Mid-August 2019 – construction to be completed.