Mt Eden Gardens' location is without a doubt, one of the best for a retirement village in Auckland.
Traditionally, retirement villages have been built on the edge of suburbs or towns, requiring residents to have a car to get to the neighbourhood shops or to rely on the village bus. When you live at Mt Eden Gardens, you have the freedom to simply take a 5 minute walk down to Mt Eden Village where you will find:
- A mini-supermarket for your everyday needs.
- A great fruit and vege shop and the neighbourhood butcher, baker and fresh fish shop.
- A range of cafes to meet for coffee and cake, or a longer lunch or dinner.
- An extensive pharmacy, post shop and bank.
- A range of boutique stores catering to virtually every need.
Nearby there is a Medical Centre, hairdressers and other services. And with a slightly longer walk you can visit the local bowling, tennis or petanque clubs; a range of different churches; an indoor heated swimming pool and much more.
For those who want to venture further afield, the bus stop outside the gate provides easy access to central Auckland, with bus services to Newmarket and St Lukes leaving from within Mt Eden Village.
When you choose to live at Mt Eden Gardens, you will find yourself at the very heart of a community.